If you’ve been following this blog for a long time you might remember I did an NVC survey at this site a while back. Well, it turns out that when the client sent me the survey boundary, they missed a bit, and so back I went in June this year to finish the job.
This part of the site was no less complex, with lots of little hillocks and ridges all over the place creating vegetation as well as topographic diversity. Everything from improved grassland to blanket bog! The adjacent wind farm is now under construction, but fortunately I was working in a different set of fields, so I didn’t have to contend with construction wagons and diggers.A
The vegetation was quite similar to previous, but I did find a couple of interesting species: